First Posted: 4/16/2013
Raymond J. Bernardi, superintendent of Wyoming Area School District, announces kindergarten registration for the 2013-2014 school year will be conducted on April 22, 23, 24 and 25 at the elementary schools. Children enrolling must attend the registration. The following screenings will take place the day of registration: hearing, vision and readiness testing with the teacher.
The dates are as follows:
* Harding/Falls SJD Elementary - April 22, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2:30 p.m.
* West Pittston Montgomery Elementary - April 23, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2:30 p.m.
* Exeter JFK Elementary - April 24, 9 to 1 1 a.m. and 1 to 2:30 p.m.
* Wyoming 10th Street Elementary - April 25, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Parents should take note of these important facts:
* Children must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2013 to enter kindergarten, inclusive and without exception.
* A birth certificate or other acceptable evidence of age must be provided upon registration.
* Proof of residence (most current utility bill or rent/mortgage receipt) must be presented. A driver’s license or auto owner’s card will not be accepted.
* State law requires that children attempting to enroll must have proper immunization. Therefore, immunization records must be presented.
* Children enter kindergarten must have the following vaccines:
4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
3 doses of polio
2 doses of measles**
2 doses of mumps**
1 dose of rubella (German Measles)**
3 doses of hepatitis B
2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or DT or Td
** Usually given as MMR
For further information, contact the Department of Student Registration at the Wyoming Area Secondary Center at 654-2836, ext. 2359.