First Posted: 5/7/2013
Summer Reading for KIDS will begin with registration the week of June 17. Children will get prizes for books read. We will have optional activity days on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will conclude with a dirt party on Aug. 5 free and open to children in the community from first grade to sixth grade. We are looking for volunteers in grade 6 and up to help us with book logs. We will have an informational meeting at 4 p.m. on June 4 .
• CEO Afterschool Meals
Free to all children and young adults up to age 21. Hot and nutritious meals at the Pittston Library. We will serve dinner from 4 to 5 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays and snacks from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. No registration required.
• Lego Club will meet at 4 p.m. the second Monday of each month. New members are welcome and registration is not required
• Crochet Club will meet at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and at 6 p.m. on Thursdays.
• Kids with Adults Craft Club meet at 6 p.m. on the third Monday of every month. The group is open to children ages 5 to 12. Children can meet other crafters and work together to create fun and innovative crafts. Learn new techniques, recycle household items, and make new friends.
• Kids Science Club meet on the first Saturday of every month. Children in grades 2 - 5 can work on experiments and fun science projects as a group. Learn about the world around you, practice your science skills, and learn to reuse household items. Free of charge.
• Kids Book Club, Page Turners, is open to children from third to fifth grade. The book club will meet at 4 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month.
• Furry Tails: come read to specially trained dogs at 10 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month.
• May Game Mayhem will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 16. Teens in grades 6 through 12 are invited to the library for an evening of board game madness. Come and enjoy games such as Apples to Apples, Clue, Yahtzee, Scatergories and Sorry.
• The Hangout Club, our teen book club, will meet at 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 30. We will discuss “Clockwork Angel” by Cassandra Clare. Open to all teens in grades rades 6-12. Copies available for checkout at the library’s front desk.