WEST PITTSTON — Council members agreed to adopt the 2016 tentative budget at their monthly meeting on Tuesday.
The $8,920,546 budget comes with a tax rate of 3.26 mills. A mill is $1 for every $1,000 in assessed property value.
The budget will be available for public viewing for no less than 10 days, and will be considered for final adoption with public input at a meeting that will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 22 at the borough building.
In other business, council members also approved the motion to:
• Fix, set and advertise 2016 council meetings to be held at 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month and council work sessions to be held at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of every month or as otherwise advertised.
• Appoint and designate PNC Bank and Fidelity Bank as Official Bank Depositories for the 2016 fiscal year.
• Accept and award Fidelity Bank from Dunmore the 2016 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Note in the amount of $215,000 at an interest rate of 1.24.
• Ratify the submission of Ashburn Advisors Invoice for the payment of $5,575 from the Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery funds.
• Approve the renewals for Health Insurance and Vision Insurance Group Agreements for borough workers with Blue Cross effective Jan. 1, 2016, until Dec. 31, 2016.