EXETER — The borough announces several upcoming roadwork projects for 2017.
1. Stevens Lane / Bennett Street / Jesse Street – Phase 1: The proposed phase 1 project, located on Bennett Street and Jesse Street, will provide storm water separation within the project area, replace deteriorated and malfunctioning sanitary and storm sewers and sewer laterals and rehabilitate certain existing brick manholes. The phase 1 project will also reduce the combined sewage overflow into Hick’s Creek by the separation of sanitary and storm sewer flows throughout the proposed phase 1 project area. In addition, the proposed phase 1 project will provide for the repair, milling and resurfacing of Bennett and Jesse Streets, including the replacement/reconstruction of concrete curbs and ADA curb ramps as required, once the storm and sanitary sewer improvements are installed. The estimated construction cost for the project is $550,000 to $600,000. The project is expected to be bid in April with bid opening in May.
2. Susquehanna Avenue K-Route Project: The proposed project includes pavement base repair, milling, cross-slope grade improvement, ADA curb ramp installation, manhole/inlet grade adjustments, shoulder re-grading and pave improvement/installation with binder and wearing courses along Susquehanna Avenue, from approximately House #1305 south to First Street. The estimated construction cost for the project is $235,000. The total project cost, including construction, engineering survey and design, and the required PennDOT construction inspection, is $300,000. The project is currently under design and must be approved by PennDOT prior to bidding and award. The project may be constructed in the latter part of 2017.
3. Schooley Avenue Emergency Sanitary Sewer Replacement Project: The project’s subsurface work was completed during 2016 and the surface restoration is anticipated during Spring/Summer of 2017. The surface restoration will include the milling and paving of the entire roadway from Laird Street through the Cedar Street intersection. ADA curb ramps will be installed at the Cedar Street intersection as required by PA DOT. The surface restoration is currently under review by PA DOT and will proceed once PA DOT issues the required permit for the work, anticipated during the time frame noted above.
4. Lehigh Street: The proposed project will address the sewer trench subsidence problems along and across Lehigh Street. In addition, portions of the roadway have insufficient longitudinal grades that can result in storm water ponding areas along the edges of the roadway as may be present with the existing conditions. The proposed storm system would most likely need to be installed along Lehigh Street from Wilson Street to Anthracite Street where it would connect to the storm inlets and new pump system previously completed at this location. Storm drainage improvements would be installed in conjunction with the trench pave repair/restoration in order to eliminate roadway ponding which could result in accelerated roadway deterioration, icing conditions and nuisances to the residents of Lehigh Street. The preliminary total project cost estimate is $400,000, which includes the storm sewer installation. The project is currently under consideration by Borough Council. Engineering survey and design will proceed upon authorization by Borough Council.
5. Layton Street: The proposed project will address the sewer trench subsidence problems along and across Layton Street. In addition, storm drainage improvements may be installed in conjunction with the trench pave repair/restoration in order to eliminate excessive roadway flooding and erosion of the roadway edges which result in accelerated roadway deterioration, icing conditions and nuisances to the residents of Layton Street. Preliminary project costs have yet to be developed and will be provided upon completion of the same. Once the project cost estimate is provided, the project will be considered by the borough council. Engineering survey and design will proceed upon authorization by the borough council.
6. UGI CPG 2017 FY Cedar Street Main Replacement Project: This project is being planned by UGI CPG and coordinated with Exeter Borough. The scope of the project is to conduct a gas main replacement along Cedar Street from Schooley Avenue to Penn Avenue. Upon completion of the gas main installation work, the roadways will be fully milled and paved within the project limits and all required ADA curb ramps will be installed along the project work areas. Other streets that will receive gas main replacement work under the proposed project are as follows:
• Valley Street — from Adams Court to the Railroad
• Grant Street — from Adams Court to the Railroad
• Lincoln Street — from Wyoming Avenue to the Railroad
• Penn Avenue — from Wyoming Avenue to Cedar Street