YATESVILLE — Pittston Area School Board approved the bid of Pro Construction Management for construction of a pole barn on the high school property.
The pole barn, which will be located next to the maintenance garage just past the Jimmy Cefalo Athletic Center, will be constructed at a cost of $49,256.
Board President Kent Bratlee said the pole barn will allow for “much-needed room.” The barn will house equipment belonging to the school district. There was no word at the meeting as to when construction will start on the pole barn.
Also, former Pittston Area student Paul Dudzick, a Navy veteran who served in Iraq, was awarded an honorary diploma. Dudzick left school early to fight for the United States and later received his General Education Degree.
In other business:
• Pittston Area School Board member Patrick O’Boyle, who won his seat in the recent election, announced his resignation as head boys varsity soccer coach, effective immediately.
• The following have been appointed to extra-curricular activities for the 2015-16 school year, pending clearances: Timothy Ryan Murphy, boys basketball volunteer; Derrick Simms, wrestling volunteer; Angela Zaledonis, Middle School Writing Club; Matthew Romanoski, wrestling volunteer.
• Joann Rossi has been appointed team leader at the high school cafeteria, Joanne Perrins has been appointed head cook.
• Megan Moran was appointed educational assistant to the Least Restrictive Environment at the Middle School.
• Amy Hazlet’s resignation as the junior high softball coach was approved, effective immediately.
The next meeting of the Pittston Area School Board will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 in the Pittston Area Library.