Plea anticipated for Wilkes-Barre woman accused of kidnapping, assault over missing cell phone

By Joe Dolinsky -



    WILKES-BARRE — A plea is expected in the case of a city woman who state police allege joined in the kidnapping and attempted murder of a woman whose throat was slashed in a remote area of Bear Creek Township, the suspect’s attorney said Thursday.

    Chloe Amelia Isaacs, 22, last known address as 58 Hancock St., faces charges of kidnapping, unlawful restraint, simple assault, reckless endangerment and false imprisonment after state police say she and two male accomplices left a Pittston woman for dead over a missing cell phone in October 2014.

    During a brief status conference Thursday in Luzerne County Court, defense attorney Janan Tallo informed county Judge David W. Lupas that she “anticipated a plea” in the matter and asked for a date to schedule it.

    Tallo also requested for Isaacs to be returned to the Monroe County Correctional Facility, stating “she’s not safe” in the Luzerne County Correctional Facility, where co-defendants Nygee Jamal Taylor, 25, and Jerone Andre Moore, 32, are lodged on similar charges.

    “I do believe she is in danger,” Tallo told the judge, “and I would like to get her out of the prison as soon as possible.”

    Lupas set a July 11 plea date and ordered that Isaacs be returned as soon as possible to Monroe County, where she faces a number of prostitution charges, court records show.

    State police say 22-year-old Dayna Williams, of Pittston, was found wandering a road in Bear Creek Township naked and bloodied, with a three-inch gash from her throat to her ear.

    She was allegedly picked up hours earlier by Isaacs and driven to the Hancock Street residence where she was stripped, bound and beaten with clubs before a group of people put a bag over her head and placed her in a barrel, where she was kept for hours, according to state police.

    After dark, Williams was stashed in the trunk of a vehicle and driven to a secluded, wooded area of Bear Creek Township where her throat was cut, state police say. She was left in the woods and was later found by a nearby homeowner.

    The assault allegedly stemmed from a missing cell phone thought to be stolen by Williams, state police say.

    Taylor and Moore remain scheduled to stand trial on the charges in September.


    By Joe Dolinsky

    Reach Joe Dolinsky at 570-991-6110 or on Twitter @JoeDolinskyTL

    Reach Joe Dolinsky at 570-991-6110 or on Twitter @JoeDolinskyTL

    comments powered by Disqus