The Pittston Memorial Library at 47 Broad St. announces the following:
• New! CEO Afterschool Meals
Free to all children up to age 18! Hot and nutritious meals at the Pittston Library. The library will be serving dinner Mondays and Thursdays at 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. They will serve snacks Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.. Everything is free. No registration required, just come and enjoy a meal after school
• Story Time signups are ongoing.
There will be 1 session for Toddlers (18mo to 3yr) and 2 sessions for Preschoolers (3yr to PreK)
Toddler Story Time will be on Tuesday at 10 am
Preschool Story Time will be on Tuesday at 1:30 pm or Wednesday at 10 am
Family Story Time on Saturdays at 1:30, open to all ages. No need to sign up.Please call the library at 654-9565 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org sign up
• Are you a grandparent raising your grandchildren? The library is starting a new program for you. Please let the library know what concerns and issues you are having. Call or stop by the library. There is a questionnaire to fill out to help organize the program. Call 570-654-9565.
• Lego Club will meet December 10 between at 4 p.m. New members are welcome.
• Hangout Club, our book club for Teens in Grades 6-12, will meet Monday, December 17 at 6 p.m. in the library. The book for the month is Insurgent by Veronica Roth. This is the second book in the Divergent series. If you can't get enough of The Hunger Games, you'll love this one. Copies available for check out at the front desk. New Members are always welcome.
• TAG will be making Gingerbread Houses on Saturday, December 15 @ 6pm! Open to all teens! Please call or visit to register.
• Upcoming December Events:
December 10 Lego Club at 4 PM & Christmas Movie at 6 PM
December 13 Family Storytime & Craft Night
December 17 Hangout Club 6 PM
December 20 TAG scavenger hunt 5 PM
The West Pittston Library announces the following:
Beginner Yoga 1 will be Mondays at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.; and Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
Beginner Yoga 2 will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
Intermediate Yoga will be on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
All classes are held on the top floor of the former American Legion Building at 316 Linden St. by the Montgomery Ave. Elementary School. The cost is $7 drop-in and discounted punch passes are available.?
• Cake Decorating
Holiday Petit Fours will be on Dec. 10 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The cost is $20. Learn how to make an easy version of petit fours-trendy bite size cakes that will be sure to please guests just in time for the holidays with Becky a Wilton Cake Decorating Instructor and the Library's new Circulation Assistant. Class will be held in the basement kitchen of Immaculate Conception Church at 605 Luzerne Ave.
• Holiday Story Time for Grown-Ups
This event will be on Friday, Dec. 14, starting at 7 p.m., story at 7:30 p.m. Cost is $20 per ticket on or before Dec. 10 or $25 per ticket after, or $30 at the door. Buy tickets early. It's the event that puts the fun in fundraising. Enjoy a hilarious David Sedaris holiday story read by local celebrity Ed Ackerman and an adult revision of the classic children's tale, Elf on the Shelf, by West Pittston Library's own Summer Belles. Special (adult) hot cocoa, candy cane martinis and cozy desserts, coupled with good friends and pre-holiday cheer will make this soon-to-be annual event one no one will want to miss. Wear a hideous Holiday Sweater (suitable for ridicule and judgment) to enter into a competition that will earn the winner bragging rights (and that's about it. It is a fundraiser). A limited number of tickets are available.?
• Basic Computer Classes?
This beginner class offers students insight into the basics of a computer. Learn the different parts of the computer; manage your desktop, icons and folders; master saving files and much more. Session 1 will be Thursdays, Jan. 3 to Jan. 24 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Gift Wrapping at Boscovs' will be on Dec 15, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Friends of the Library will be wrapping gifts.