EXETER — Wyoming Area Catholic School announces the following activities for Catholic Schools Week, which will be held Sunday, Jan. 28 to Saturday, Feb. 3.
SUNDAY, JAN. 28
• Open House — An Open House will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Families visiting the school will have the opportunity to tour with school teachers, parents and student representatives. Various clubs and organizations will be available to speak with visitors. Refreshments will be served, and Frankie Warren from Magic 93 will broadcast live during the event.
• Trivia — Each morning after prayers, students will report to their Catholic Schools Week Team classroom to compete in a Trivia Contest. Teams will earn points for correct answers to the trivia questions.
MONDAY, JAN. 29
• Scavenger Hunt —The Catholic Schools Week teams will compete for points during a scavenger hunt for items and places related to the school and building. It will also be a N.U.T. (no uniforms) Day, so students are to follow “Out of Uniform” Day policy in the Diocese of Scranton Elementary Student-Parent Handbook.
TUESDAY, JAN. 30
• WAC Amazing Race — Catholic Schools Week teams will compete for points by completing competitions related to the multi-cultural event featured countries of Mexico, Poland, France, China and Italy. The students will enjoy a complimentary lunch (don’t forget to send in the form with lunch choice and do not send in lunches that need to be microwaved.) There will also be fruits, vegetables, desserts and other food items for sampling. Students will wear their gym uniforms this day.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. .31 (Mass Uniform today)
• Talent Show — Students in grades 1 through 8 who signed up and turned in a permission to participate form signed by a parent will showcase their talents in the morning. After the talent show, students will return to their classrooms.
• Mass — Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Members of the Student Council will be the presenters and Father Peter Tomczak will be the celebrant. Family and friends are invited to the Mass.
THURSDAY, FEB. 1
• Spirit Day – N.U.T. (No Uniforms Today) — Students will wear blue and white to show their school spirit. Basketball style pants and spirit wear are permitted (no shorts). The WACky Olympics will be held in the morning and pep rally and basketball game (played by eighth-grade students) will be in the afternoon.
FRIDAY, FEB. 2
• 100th Day of School — Students will dress to look 100 years old. There will be 100-day STEM Challenges in the morning. Students will be dismissed at 11 a.m. (After-school care will run from 11 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.)
SATURDAY, FEB. 3
• W.A.C.S. Annual Night at the Races
Doors open at 5:45 p.m. Post time 7 p.m. This event is for adults ages 21 and older. Honored guest/MC will be Frankie Warren from Magic 93.